Thebe Reed Exhibitions is one of Southern Africa’s most forward thinking and successful exhibition, special project, event & conference organisers, as well as a venue management company. From Cape Town to Johannesburg and Durban their exhibitions and conferences are world renowned and successful.
Lloyd Orr is proud to be associated with this dynamic company and provide the PR, Communication and Social Media Support for the following shows:
WTM Africa is the leading B2B exhibition for Africa’s leisure travel industry, bringing the world to Africa and promoting Africa to the world’s leading source markets. WTM Africa is the only trade show of its kind to cater to inbound and outbound buyers and partners.
In 2013 Lloyd Orr Communications was appointed as the PR agency for the inaugural World Travel Market Africa as part of Africa Travel Week, at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. We performed this role for 3 years (2013, 2014 and 2015) Our role was varied, but surrounding the media center at the event, our scope of work was as follows:
– Monitor and respond to the request for attendance
– Weed out those that were not suitable
– Correspond with all registered media (and others) on events and news leading up to the event and during the event
– Arrange relevant interviews with media and stakeholder exhibitors and management
– Recommend layout of media center on floorplan and interior requirements
– Work alongside registration team on the day for arriving media/name badges etc.
– Arrange and manage a media lunch with relevant stakeholders on the first day of event
– Provide personnel to be present at all times at the media center to assist media with content and images
– Walk with videographers/photographers to capture interviews and salient onsight activities on all days of the event
– Work with videographers/photographers on best footage to go out with daily bulletins
– Write and disseminate daily update releases to all databases
– Liaise with media partners to have collateral available at the media center
– Manage all social media (Twitter and Facebook) at the event. This involved prior planning of posts to cover strategic partners and real-time posting on the day. Live Facebook streaming during the opening ceremony and other pertinent events. Responding to social media messaging
With the past tourism focus having been on the Leisure and Business sectors, the introduction of the Sports and Events Tourism Exchange (SETE) Exhibition and Conference now plays a fundamental role in promoting the new sports trend within the industry.
Sport Tourism is one of the fastest growing areas of the global travel and tourism industry. Quite obvious are the links between the Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Networks spotlighting the interplay between these markets and the economies of the driving countries.
Showcasing all aspects of the motoring industry, the Gauteng Motor Show featuring Atomic Junkies Adrenalin Sports Fest also offers an entertainment line-up unlike any other motoring event in South Africa…drifting, advance driving experiences, track experiences, go-kart rides, simulators, helicopter rides, competitions, a wide range of kiddies entertainment, music and exhibition stands showcasing products and services for all petrol heads and Adrenalin junkies to shop till they drop!
This event is a fun family day out, offering something for men, women and children of all ages!